Use the following 5 Steps, introducing 1 step every week for the next 5 weeks to get your diet to a 75%-80% alkaline forming diet. Focus on adding alkaline-forming foods to your diet, not in taking away the bad things – this will happen without you noticing.
1. Eat at least a side plate every day of raw fruit before breakfast and raw a vegetables before lunch and supper.
2. Eat at least 1 entire fruit meal daily with a tight handful of raw nuts or seeds, this can be a smoothie.
3. Snack on raw or dried fresh fruit or vegetables between meals.
4. Try to eat animal protein no more than once a day – then move to every 2nd day and then once a week and then stop – this could take 1-12 months, or you could just remove it completely immediately. The sooner you do it the sooner you will benefit fully.
5. Try to eat carbohydrate or starch foods with neutral vegetables and proteins including nuts and seeds with neutral vegetables and or acid fruits (see lesson on food combining or chapter in Perfect Health). The NHN has all the science-based details in the Modules on the Digestive tract.
Once you have introduced all the 5 steps you are ready to simply stop animal products and replace any gap you may feel with a portion (1-2 cups) of legumes (beans, chickpeas or garbanzo beans, lentils etc.) at meals or by eating a handful (a quarter cup) of nuts or seeds daily. You do not need the legumes, if you eat the nuts, but they are a filling and tasty addition. Legumes are great for stabilizing blood sugar and have valuable fibre and other minerals and vitamins.
The above 5 steps will result in a 75%-80% alkaline forming diet, this will ensure that you are ready to benefit and be successful on a wholefood, plant-based vegan diet.
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Make a list on a separate document so that you can track your improvements.
1. Everything you are eating in 1 day right now.
2. Each week as you add the next step list the food you eat.
This response will be awarded full points automatically, but it can be reviewed and adjusted after submission.