The Practical follow on from the NHN that shows you how to apply what you have learned and build a solid business based on Natural Health – whether it be consulting, hospitality, food manufacturing, network marketing or any allied business.
“This course examines the role of a Natural Health Business Person and Consultant and focuses on applying the theory obtained from the Natural Health & Nutrition Course (NHN) to various business models and how to come up with a health related business model suited to your personality type and preferences. And also, how to coach and develop clients that you can guide to Perfect Health related to various lifestyle situations. The course is practically orientated. Students will learn:
- How to conduct a full Natural Health Consultation and offer personalized recommendations and guidelines.
- How to conduct public cooking demos, healthy home make-overs and public talks,
- Know how to choose a type of business, whether it be retail, wholesale or manufacturing, or all three.
- How to set up a business and generate digital content.
- Learn how to build a client-base by completing assignments.
By the end of this course, students will be expected to/be able to:
- Describe or recommend a healthy daily lifestyle program for people from all walks of life.
- Know how to fill in an Assessment Form and conduct themselves in a health consultation.
- Manage their time effectively.
- Outline healthy lifestyle guidelines for people from a broad spectrum and pinpoint specific factors that contribute to a life out of balance.
- Understand how one’s lifestyle becomes unhealthy and how to correct those problems in a practical and accessible way
- Conduct public food demonstrations to help others make the transition to a healthier lifestyle.
- Know how to conduct yourself on radio or television, how to speak publicly on nutrition
- Know how to manage a consulting business and how to develop a natural food or health related business business.
- Understand how to prevent degenerative and other diseases.
To clarify and develop the role of a Natural Health Business & Consulting focuses on applying the knowledge obtained from the Natural Health & Nutrition Course (NHN) to lifestyle situations. The course is less theoretically intensive than NHN and more practically orientated. Students will primarily learn: How to choose and run a health related business.
- How to conduct a full Natural Health Consultation and offer recommendations.
- How to conduct public cooking demonstrations.
- How to set up your business for success (this includes access to a series of Masterclasses by guest speakers)
- Being able to pin point problem areas and offer guidelines for improvement and healthy living.
- How to manage difficult people and difficult health issues.
The content is divided into three parts:
- In Part 1 – we focus on the role of a Natural Health Consultant including time management, record keeping, research, marketing oneself, growing your business and managing your boundaries.
- In Part 2 – we focus on the practical component. Here we cover acid and alkaline balance, dealing with detoxification (raw and fasting), isolating factors that affect digestion, endocrine function, cancer, supplementation, refined carbohydrates, body-brushing, exercise, auto-immune diseases and natural health practices.
- In Part 3 – you will access to a series of Masterclasses on how to best set up your health related business and or Natural Health Consultancy for success. Learn from the top entrepreneurial experts!
An extensive A-Z Database is made available as well as 500+ Recipes for Cooking Demonstrations.. this includes guidelines to run the classes!
This is an evergreen course and as such, can be commenced at any time during the year. You have two (2) years to complete the course in its entirety from the time you invest in the course. If you put in 2-4 hours a day or more, you could complete the program in 12 months.
The course is also constructed in such a way that students may quickly proceed from the necessary basics of nutritional science to more practical applications. The material is clear and comprehensive, making use of the latest nutritional science, study notes, bibliography and includes online forums, email and Facebook support, and newsletter updates.
The NHN & NHBC courses combined include more study hours (over 1000 hours) than is required for a 3-4 year degree. So in real terms, you have earned a degree in Natural Health & Wellness once you have completed both courses.
If you choose, you can be listed on our website mary-anns.net/consultants as a natural health consultant or coach or have your business listed.
You need to have completed the NHN course with 80% pass rate or more.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
The course is taught via a combination of notes and practical assignments available on the Academy Portal. Throughout the course, students are encouraged to take an active role by critically evaluating the material covered and by linking it to their own experience.
- Email support
- A monthly newsletter highlighting the latest course updates, recipes, case studies and student success stories
- A student discussion forum
- A dashboard overview of your progress
- A private Facebook group to engage in continued conversation outside of the learning portal
- As an evergreen and evolving course, we want to keep you up to date with the latest research and as such, the course will continuously be updated (you’ll be notified of these updates via the newsletter).
Text Books (Compulsory Reading)
Each lesson has a list of suggested and compulsory reading material.
These books may be purchased on Amazon in either in Kindle or hard copy (book) format.
It is recommended that you have access to high speed internet to watch the videos, listen to the audios and to engage in continuous research. Recommended websites links are also made available to the students as well as a comprehensive A – Z database which is only available to consultants who have registered for this course.
Audio Visual Learning
Each Lesson has Audio and Video integration covering different key nutritional topics.
These are usually recorded live, so include valuable feedback from the audience.
You Tube videos on various topics, and various teachers are included with each lesson and or assignment.
There are 17 practical assignments related directly to each NHBC lesson in which you are required to find 3 unique people for each assignment, who would need to complete a Health Assessment form and apply a practical exercise based on the appropriate lesson.
There are two more business related assignments that involve a business plan and a stint at a market.
The assignments are mainly practical and can be completed in the comfort of your home. The format consists of multiple-choice questions on recommended readings, book reviews, health assessments and case studies with volunteers.
We will also assess your interpretation and understanding of the compulsory reading material pertinent to each lesson. The entire course is online, meaning that you will receive your marks and feedback via the Academy portal.
You will also have direct access to a Discussion Forum and private Facebook Group (should you wish to engage in further discussions outside of the portal)
Your studies would enhance existing income if you are in a health related field or in retail. You could apply the principles to a health realted business, such as a health food store , catering company, restaurant, school, or any business that deals with people of all ages.
Successful lifestyle consultants/coaches can earn a healthy income working weekday mornings only. It will take 3-6 months to build to this level depending on your personality and circle of influence. The assignments will help you build your client base.
If you work longer hours and include Cookery Classes, natural plant extracts and supplements and related food products, including ready made meals, your earning potential could be considerably higher.
It is possible to earn well in excess of a 6 figure income in any of these fields!
Please note: This course will be purchased once you are done with the previous course, The Nutrition (NHN).