This course examines the role of a natural heath consultant and focuses on applying the knowledge obtained from the Natural Health & Nutrition Course (NHN) to practical lifestyle situations.
The course objective is to show how you can help others to help themselves by offering practical assignments that pinpoint problem areas so that you can offer guidelines for healthy living.
By the end of the course, students will be expected to/be able to:
• Describe or recommend a healthy daily lifestyle program for people from all walks of life.
• Know how to fill in an assessment form and conduct themselves in a health consultation.
• Manage their time effectively.
• Outline healthy lifestyle guidelines for people from a broad spectrum and pinpoint specific factors that contribute to a life out of balance.
• Understand how one’s lifestyle becomes unhealthy and how to correct those problems in a practical and accessible way
• Conduct public food demonstrations to help others make the transition to a healthier lifestyle.
• Understand how to prevent degenerative and other diseases.
This course examines the role of a Natural Health Consultant and focuses on applying the knowledge obtained from the Natural Health & Nutrition Course (NHN) to lifestyle situations. The course is less theoretically intensive than NHN and more practically orientated. Students will primarily learn:
• How to conduct a full Natural Health Consultation and offer recommendations
• How to conduct public cooking demos
• How to set up their business for success (this includes access to a series of Masterclasses by guest speakers)
• To show how you how to help others to thrive and flourish
• Being able to pin point problem areas and offer guidelines for improvement and healthy living
• Access to a series of Masterclasses by entrepreneurial specialists, to give you tips on how to best set up your business for success
The content is divided into two parts:
• In Part 1 – we focus on the role of a Natural Health Consultant including time management, record keeping, research, marketing oneself, growing your business and managing your boundaries.
• In Part 2 – we focus on the practical component. Here we cover acid and alkaline balance, dealing with detoxification (raw and fasting), isolating factors that affect digestion, endocrine function, cancer, supplementation, refined carbohydrates, body-brushing, exercise, auto-immune diseases and natural health practices.
• In Part 3 – you will access to a series of Masterclasses on how to best set up your Natural Way Consultancy for success. Learn from the top entrepreneurial experts!
Teaching and Learning Strategies
The course is taught via a combination of notes and practical assignments available on the Academy Learning Portal. Throughout the course, students are encouraged to take an active role by critically evaluating the material covered and by linking it to their own experience.
Home Study Program
This is designed for those who do not have the time to spend several nights each week attending lectures. The course is also constructed in such a way that students may quickly proceed from the necessary basics of nutritional science to more practical applications. The material is clear and comprehensive, making use of the latest nutritional science, study notes, bibliography and includes email, forum and Facebook support along with newsletter updates.
An extensive A-Z database is made available as well as 500+ recipes for cookery demonstrations. This includes guidelines to run cookery classes.
Text Books (Compulsory Reading)
Each lesson has a list of suggested and compulsory reading material. These books may be purchased on Amazon in either soft copy (Kindle) or hard copy (book) format. It is recommended that you have access to high speed internet to watch the videos, listen to the audios and to engage in continuous research. Recommended websites links are also made available to the students as well as a comprehensive A – Z database which is only available to consultants who have registered for this course.
Audio Visual Learning
Each Lesson has Audio and Video integration covering different key nutritional topics. These are usually recorded live, so include valuable feedback from the audience. The 5 steps to Vibrant Health and A day with Mary-Ann will help you with cookery lessons and teaching the Basic 5 Steps.
Each assignment is linked to one of 16 lessons in The Natural Health & Nutrition Course (NHN). A further three (3) assignments on other Natural health practices are required in which you do your own research. The assignments require practical involvement from volunteers for which you may not receive payment. There is no mark awarded for these assignments however they must be fully completed and handed back with possible suggestions to include in future consultations.
All successful candidates will receive a Certificate, issued by The Academy for Natural Health and Wellness on completion of all assignments. If you choose to you can be listed on our website http://www.mary-anns.com/consultants/south-africa as a natural health consultant or coach.
Completion and 80% pass mark for The Natural Health & Nutrition Course (NHN)
This is an evergreen course can be commenced at any time during the year. You have two (2) years to complete the course in its entirety.
Successful lifestyle consultants/coaches can earn a decent income working weekday mornings only. It will take 3-6 months to build to this level depending on your personality and circle of influence. The assignments will help you build your client base. If you work longer hours and include Cookery Classes, AIM, Mary-Ann’s and related products, your earning potential could be considerably higher.
• Consultant Training Course Manual
• Cookery School Module
• MRC Food Composition Table
• Supplementary Information
• 13 audios/videos on various topics by Mary-Ann
• A3 Food – Combination chart
• Health Assessment Form
• Master Classes on how to set up your consultancy for success
What career can I pursue on completion of a course?
On completion of one of our natural health courses you are free to pursue any career path you choose.
The course will assist you in strengthening your position in an existing medical practice or allow you to pursue something completely different.
Some of our health consultants have pursued careers in the following areas:
• Whole-food Restaurant
• Natural whole-food preparation and distribution
• Freelance journalism
• Natural Health Public Speaker
• Cookery Classes
• Health products sales and distribution
• Network marketing
• Other – let your imagination run wild here, anything is possible!